Friday 10 May 2013

MY PERFECT 6 YEAR OLD

I say perfect... He's perfect to me anyway.  And he's Sebastian, and he's six.

Six years ago, I'd just given birth to a healthy baby boy at home.  His legs were long and his hands & feet were huge.  But he was still a tiny bundle of loveliness that had me besotted from day one.

Over the years, Seb has been your typical little monster *cough!* boy.  He's had me rocking on the stairs pleading on the phone for my husband to return home before I go completely bonkers.  He's also been my little ray of sunshine.  Yes, even on the bad days.

He's sharp and witty and to the point with an uncanny sense of humour.  He has all of our friends and family in hysterics with the bizarre things he says and for a recent talent show activity at his school, it was really no surprise his choice of entertainment was to be a comedian.

I've worried at times that my dear son could be regressing.  We seemed to hit the 'terrible twos' during the 'frantic fives' and when concern got the better of me, I made a trip to our local GP.  Seb is now undergoing tests for suspected Obstructed Sleep Apnea.

But what truly defines Sebastian is his loving, generous nature.  He's there with open arms for cuddles when he senses something is wrong and he has a special way with words that makes everything ok again.   

I wanted this year to be special.  Last year we had a quiet birthday.  So Sunday he will be celebrating with all of his friends at the local indoor play & bowling centre.  But yesterday we had our own private little party.

When he walked in from school, he was greeted by Stevie Wonder's 'Happy Birthday' song blasting out of the speakers and was given a birthday hat and a child-friendly sparkling drinks reception.  Our daughter, Madi, promptly spat hers back in the cup.  Apparently she's not a fan of apple & cranberry.  

After the children got changed out of their school uniform, we tucked into the cards and gifts.  Such a grateful little boy - he was thrilled with everything he received.  

And finally, after a buffet of burgers and salad, everybody enjoyed cake and got stuck into playing with Seb's new Lego.

In all, it was a lovely celebration & I couldn't be prouder of my six year old son.

WAHM Blogger, Photography and Design, UK based, Indie Author, YA Fiction, Teen Book Reviews

WAHM Blogger, Photography and Design, UK based, Indie Author, YA Fiction, Teen Book Reviews

WAHM Blogger, Photography and Design, UK based, Indie Author, YA Fiction, Teen Book Reviews




SkyLanders Birthday










6 year old Birthday, Boy's Birthday, M&S




Lego Birthday, 6 year old Lego, WAHM, Photography






No comments:

Post a Comment

some_text