Friday 26 July 2013

Sister Photo Shoots, Books & Etsy Sales

It's been a busy few weeks in the Williamson household and I've not updated in ages so this post is a 'quick' catch up...

Firstly, the kids are now off school for the summer holidays and we've had lot's of fun already.  My little sister, Saskia came down to stay from York and this year we simply didn't have long enough.


 It's tradition that when Sas comes to stay, we have at least one photo shoot during that time.  So here's some piccies from yesterday, her last day with us *sulks*.  (By the way, she's the pretty blonde girl and she's only 16!)

P.S. I look mean in some of the photos but it was the sun in my eyes, I swear!

P.P.S.  Isn't my puppy, Arthur, SUPER CUTE? (You'll see him further down)










































Secondly, I released my first book... Yes, that's right!  I self published my young adult dystopian novel, Units.


AND HERE I AM HOLDING IT IN PRINT!  

What a cool thing to experience.  I don't expect it to be a best seller or anything.  They say we all have at least one book in all of us so here's my first.

You can buy it here in Kindle format if it's your sort of thing.

I had my first review which was awesome!  5 STARS!  Although since going through the book I have noticed a few errors that were missed during the proof read.  Oops!

Also, I'm starting on my SECOND novel, Release Me, which is a contemporary young adult fiction about a girl called Imogen, who on and off wakes up in the body of Anabelle - a girl bullied at the same school Imogen goes to.  


Do you like my book cover design?  I used this girl's pretty picture from http://kechake-stock.deviantart.com/

Lastly, my Etsy store Blog Me Beautiful reached over 30 sales!!! 
Ok, so 30 is not a big milestone, but I remember posting in the Etsy forums that I wasn't convinced I'd get any sales so this is a huge accomplishment for me!



People all over cyberspace are blogging using my templates, logos and others are using my printables for their wall decor and that's a really nice feeling.

I have since closed my photography business because of health issues (as some of you know) so it's a relief that I still have some projects to work on and my store keeps me motivated without all of the stress my previous business came with.

I hope all of you are enjoying the summer!  I know I sure am...

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

some_text